Dozens of schools do every year with great success.
And why? Because they are:
- easy to organise,
- wonderful fun for the whole school community,
- popular with all age groups, and
- great fund-raising possibilities.
So, what happens at a Rantan Bush Dance?
- Three hours of superb family entertainment with Brisbane’s best and most respected bush band.
- A professionally equipped band with over 33 years of experience performing school bush dances, and who publish the most widely used dance resources in Australian primary schools.
- A band who will play for a pre-rehearsed dance programme of your choice – OR – dances we teach ‘on the spot’ – OR – any combination of both.
- A unique dance programme which not only includes your favourite bush dances (like the Heel and Toe and Strip the Willow), but also a wide selection of:
- dance crazes (like the Macarena, 5,6,7,8 and Nutbush);
- party dances (Hokey Pokey, Chicken Dance, Time Warp, etc.);
- barn dances (e.g. Gypsy Tap and Pride of Erin);
- little kids dances (Animal Dance, Knees Up Mother Brown, etc.);
- line dances (Bootscootin’ Boogie, Achy Breaky, et al.);
- and, rock ‘n’ roll for those who want to bop!
- A function that will be the highlight of your school’s social calendar, providing quality, fun-filled and memorable community entertainment.
- An opportunity to raise funds without the huge workload needed for pie drives and fetes – it’s why so many schools have an annual Bush Dance!
Here’s what some schools have said about the band:
“Thank you … you were a hit with our students … You certainly had the knack to get them up and everything ran smoothly.” DECEPTION BAY HIGH SCHOOL
“They [Rantan] were great. The group was entirely involved … those sitting out were actually exhausted.” SOMERVILLE HOUSE – Year 8 Camp
“… thank you for the superb entertainment … All feedback has been very positive … they had an extremely enjoyable night.” INDOOROOPILLY STATE SCHOOL
Here’s just some of the schools who have had a Rantan Bush Dance:
Mt Gravatt State School, Loganholme State School, Edens Landing State School, Warrigal Road State School, Our Lady of Lourdes Sunnybank, Yeronga State School, St Edmund Park Camp, Burrowes State School, Rainworth State School, Kenmore State School, Kenmore South State School, Malaney Preschool, Ithaca Creek State School, Rosewood Preschool, Albany Hills State School, Mansfield State School, Wishart State School, Logan Reserve State School, Mt Gravatt Kindergarten, Wellington Point State School, St Bernards Primary School, Graceville State School, Regents Park State School, Ascot State School, Deception Bay High School, Lowood State School, Strathpine State School, Ormeau State School, Middle Park State School, Minden State School, St Xavier Primary School, St Sebastians Primary School, Kingston State School, St Matthews Primary School, Pallara State School, St Josephs Corinda School, Pimpama State School, Rochedale State School, Sacred Heart Primary School, Berrinba State School, Somerville House Yr 8 and 9 Camps, Springfield College, Mater Day Primary School, Ashgrove State School, Indooroopilly State School, Wavell Heights State School, Our Lady of the Rosary Kenmore, Peace Lutheran Gatton, Oakleigh State School, Lawnton State School, Samford State School, Our Lady of Good Counsel Gatton, Nambour State School, St Marys Catholic School Laidley, Darra/Jindalee Catholic School, Forest Lake College, Morningside State School, Scarborough State School, Beaudesert Day Care Centre, Salisbury State School, Chapel Hill State School, Ipswich Girls Grammar School, Carbrook State School, Our Lady of the Angel Wavell Heights, Wilston State School, St Marys Beaudesert, Grace Luthern Redcliffe, Springwood Road State School … plus hundreds more – many year after year!